Friday 6 May 2011

Not Just Anybody.

The costume that I'm currently working on is based around the idea of exhibitionism. And so, I've focussed on underwear and 'reveal' without focussing on the body at all - the body is absent but it is what the clothes suggest that is present... But I'm not really sure how it's all going. I, personally like it very much. But I'd like to know what this piece says to you (so far anyway):


I've printed this paper with cellulose transfers of monoprints and felt tip pen drawings of underwear, and I'm planning on making a trench coat with it - I have a fair few meters of it so I've got enough. I think it'll be really good to make something that has sleeves so that I can add some personality and gestures in to the costume.


I've also been working on making the underwear to go under the coat. What I've been working on is really bright and colourful - reflective of the circus. I thought that this was a really good connection to exhibitionism as that is basically what the circus is!



And what I've made is this:





Obviously I still have a fair bit to do on it yet. I like how outrageous and colourful it is. I'm considering adding text to the paper I've printed, and cellulose transfers to the circles.
What do you think so far? Any feedback would be really nice - thank you
xox

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this, it's looking great and I am curious to see how it will end up. Adding text sounds intriguing, adding another layer for the viewer.

    ReplyDelete